The Cultural Observatory is looking for outstanding candidates to work on next-generation tools for high-throughput analysis of historical, social, and cultural data. This is an opportunity to participate in a radically new type of scientific enterprise at a very early stage. Culturomics is the application of high-throughput data collection and analysis to the study of human culture. The successful candidates will play a key role in developing algorithms for a wide variety of culturomic tasks. The Cultural Observatory is located at Harvard University’s main campus.
- Work with scholars from across the Humanities to translate their ideas into testable culturomic experiments
- Develop strategies and write algorithms in order to explore huge datasets.
- Analyze data and obtain novel results.
- Communicate results with team members, at academic conferences, and in writing
- Develop web-based graphical user interfaces to enable scholars to take advantage of culturomic resources without the need for programming
We are looking for undergrads, technicians, and postdocs.
[contact-form to=’Robert.Nnake@bcm.edu ‘ subject=’Job Application – Culturomics’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Brief Personal Statement’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Links to Website/Github/Resume’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]